We are pleased to announce the next TEDxKyoto 2023 event – “Together”.
TEDxKyoto 2023 will be held on 12th March 2023 (Sun) at the Kyoto International Conference Center.
Over the past several years, during the pandemic, communities have been torn apart and fragmented. Progress stalled and came to a standstill in certain areas, yet it also continued to move forward through the upheaval and changes affecting our daily lives.
At the same time society has been transformed. Methods of communication have changed dramatically. Online communication has taken root and become the norm. Yet, something seems to be missing.
TEDxKyoto is celebrating its 10th anniversary and its first event in 4 years with the theme, “Together”. Being together. Playing together. Coming together in community for a shared experience can propel society forward. For TEDxKyoto, that driving force that moves us forward is our curiosity and the power of ideas.
Come and join TEDxKyoto on March 12th, 2023, for a new journey together as we listen, discuss, experience, think, act, and move forward.
Date: 12th March 2023 (Sun)
Reception open 12:30
Hall open 13:00
Session start 13:30
After Party 18:00-20:00
***The event schedule can be changed without advance notice.
Venue: Kyoto International conference center Room A
Speakers & Performers
- Chizuru Azuma (Actress / Activist)
- cojicose (Musician)
- John Einarsen (Photographer)
- K fam / K saani (Dance Teams)
- Leah Katz-Hernandez (Opportunity Advocate)
- Lobsang Phuntsok (Educator, Compassion Gardener)
- Mei Ichinose (Paralympian / Public Speaker)
- Naomi Koshi (Lawyer / Former Mayor of Otsu)
- Oussouby SACKO (Educator)
- Takahiro Katsuragawa (Mayor of Kameoka)
- Kanho Yakushiji (Zen priest / Musician)
Ticket information [Tickets on sale through February 28]
- No cancellations or refunds will be accepted after payment has been made for any reason.
- Ticket includes: full admission to all sessions, snacks, drinks, and catered after-party.
***Lunch is not provided at the venue.
- Only the person who completes the form and purchases the ticket can attend TEDxKyoto 2023.
Tickets cannot be transferred to another person.
- Student ticket holders will be required to show a current student ID at the reception in order to participate.
- There is a limited number of participant tickets, so make sure to register early and secure your participation in TEDxKyoto 2023!
Language of talks and simultaneous interpretation
Please check the following information on the service of simultaneous interpretation in TEDxKyoto 2023, and get your ticket for simultaneous interpretation by Feb 28.
- If you wish to receive simultaneous interpretation, please purchase a free ticket “simultaneous interpretation” through the same Peatix website where you purchased your ticket.
- For a talk in American sign language, the simultaneous interpretation in English will be provided through the speakers in the hall, and therefore you can access it without simultaneous interpretation devices.
- For tickets of simultaneous interpretation, please list the same name and email address as on your participant ticket, or we cannot provide the simultaneous interpretation on the event day.
- If the device is lost or damaged, a compensation fee (50,600 JPY/device) will be charged.
The details of our simultaneous interpretation service has changed as follows;
- Languages of talks: Japanese, English, and American sign language
- Simultaneous interpretation available in: Japanese and English
As mentioned above, for the talk in American sign language, you can listen to the simultaneous interpretation in English without the device for simultaneous interpretation.
The text interpretation in Japanese is still available for the talk in American sign language.
To prevent the infection of COVID-19
- We will follow official protocols outlined by Kyoto cityand the venue to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Please wear a mask at the venue and sanitize your hands before eating and drinking.
- Event details can change due to the future circumstances of COVID-19.
- People with fever or designated for isolation on the event day cannot attend the event. There will be no refunds.
We are looking forward to seeing you at TEDxKyoto 2023!
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com
The TEDxKyoto 2023 team